Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beautiful Blessing, Beautiful Baby

I took this picture just before I changed Kiora into her blessing dress.
Beautiful little 2 1/2 month Kiora Lillie Bliss 9/14/2008


What a beautiful day it has been. We blessed Kiora Lillie Bliss, who is 2 1/2 months old, today in our home at 3:00 this afternoon. Bishop Remp, Bro. Anderson, Tim's parents, Bob and Judi, Alayna and Dan and Kylan, Rob and Misty and their family, Justin and Darla and their family, Nate and Misty and their family all were there. Thanks you all for being with us and sharing this special day with us. We missed all of you who weren't able to be here. My folks have always been to all of our kids blessings and so we missed them terribly but completely understand why they weren't able to attend this time. We wished we could have coordinated this when they were here after the birth, but we know they were here in spirit.

Bishop Remp conducted and we began by singing "I am a Child of God." Tim's dad said the opening prayer and then Tim Blessed our sweet little Kiora Lillie Bliss. It was a wonderful blessing by her father. After that Kylie and Julaine sang a duet, "Pray in Faith" and then I sang "I Feel My Savior's Love" with everyone singing the chorus with me. Thanks Darla for playing the piano for us. Kylie said the closing prayer and the blessing on the food. It was a short, but very sweet program.

Kiora looked absolutely gorgeous in her long white blessing dress. Wow, all my girls are so pretty! She was all smiles when everyone was getting there, but was tired by the time the blessing actually happened so she was a bit fussy. Once I got her back in my arms again she fell asleep pretty fast. Sweet little baby. We had music playing (classical, yanni, kenny g, church) during our get together and Thomas Kinkade art displayed on our TV through a DVD.

I am feeling so blessed today. When you are surrounded by your children, and your family and extended family, it just creates such a strong sense of eternity. A strong sense of belonging and purpose, of joy and harmony. There is nothing in this world as important as family. Nothing. This was a special day for our sweet Kiora. She is a very special little girl. She is a peaceful girl and I know that she will bring much joy and love to our family. We love you so much Kiora!

Julaine constantly tells me Thank you for having a new little sister for her. It is so sweet how all the kids treat Kiora. (Except for the time Logan almost stepped on her. His cute little hugs and "sorry" are almost worth it. :) ) I can't imagine our family without her. I am grateful for each one of the kids and the special spirit that they bring to us. (Yeah, I know... I won't be mentioning the "special spirit" thing when they get older. They won't like it. lol - that means "laugh out loud" for my parents.)

Well, it was a beautiful day weather wise as well. Kids had a blast playing in the backyard and the adults enjoyed the semi peace and quite inside! The food was great (Thanks to all who contributed) and the company was even greater.

September 14, 2008 was a great blessing day for Kiora Lillie Bliss.
I'll post more pictures soon. This one was taken just before I changed Kiora out of her blessing dress. I'll post some good pictures off our nice camera soon. I just wanted to get these on here first.
OK ... I added more...to find all Blessing Pictures, click on the label for Blessing in the left column and all the Blessing posts will come up. Oh, or even easier just click on the Blessing label below this post!

No comments: