Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Called to talk in church

Ummm yeah, so I got THE call. The bishop even asked first if we were going to be in town next Sunday. We actually, honestly, had been thinking about going out of town since the kids are out of school Monday and Tuesday of next week. OK, so I had the typical angel on one shoulder and the little devil dude on the other. The devil dude won out this time and made me tell the Bishop that I would get back with him since we still did not know our plans. So, believe me, I tried and tried, made call after call, researched on the internet and did everything to try to make a little vacation work for us.

It's not that I don't like speaking in church. It really isn't a big deal for me. The preparation, the actual speaking...no big deal. It was just that little devil dude on my shoulder wanting to win this one. Of course the little angel on my shoulder had Tim telling me that in the amount of time that I was researching possible vacation spots I could have had my talk written. He was all for going, but did point out that we would save a lot money if we stayed home, and he could do some projects around the house if we stayed. I think my little angel wanted to win too.

To make a long story the same length, the angel ended up winning and I am now scheduled to speak in our sacrament meeting this coming Sunday. The topic that Bishop Remp asked me to speak on is CHARITY. I've included what I have worked on so far on my google site:
http://sites.google.com/site/loreenbliss/Home/talks/Charity
If you care to read it, check it out. I've included some personal stories, including one having to do with shortly after our twins were born.

The Bishop said he felt inspired to call me to speak, so who am I to argue with the Lord.

No comments: