Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh how I love our backporch and backyard!!!

View out our backdoor. I love my backporch! These swivel rockers are the best!
It was 70 degrees out there today!!!! Yea! I just had to take some pictures of our backyard! I am going to miss this...but who knows, perhaps piled under snow it might take on a whole new personality that won't be all that bad. We'll let you know. Until that day I'll take every day over 40 degrees and enjoy what we have. (Well, OK... probably over 50)

The trampoline and the sandbox are the kids' favorites. I love that you can just walk right on the trampoline. It is so nice and it makes it so that Tim and I can jump as well! No more climbing up stairs and trying to fit through the little opening in the safety netting we had. What a pain. Needless to say it didn't happen very often. Now Tim and I are on it, well, more often than we were! The sandbox sometimes I regret. They get so dirty! It's the messiest thing out there, but they really really really love it. They would dig in the dirt areas in the yard before anyway, so at least now it is contained and in an area that is ok to dig in. I just hate it when they turn the hose on....oh what a mess!.

The swings, which Tim build shortly after we moved here and that I can swing on, are a close runner-up.

The teetertotter is a new addition this summer. The kids have really loved it. Tim and I were on it for about two minutes and then looked at each other and both asked what it was we used to love about them! The kids can have it! I can see the kids out there in their snow suits going up and down. Just might have to see that that happens! If Logan goes crazy during the really cold weather, we just might have to bring the little playset you see on the back right inside the house. We don't have the room but I would love a little indoor jumper trampoline. Logan just might be the kids that forces me to do it!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Isn't it nice to have a Landscaper in the family? I will definately be sad when my kids can't go outside anymore!

Loreen Bliss said...

It is so nice, Darla, to have a landscaper in the family! Rick did such a great job! Your backyard is so extremely nice too! Yep, I think we both need to invest in some very warm snowsuits and send them out anyways! :)